This Scrum training course for certification teaches the foundations of Scrum and gives students hands-on experience using Scrum in a variety of situations. Certified ScrumMaster and Certified Scrum Trainer Mike Cohn leads this course.
…and don’t miss our other course this week: Certified Scrum Product Owner
What You’ll Learn
In this Certified ScrumMaster training course, you’ll learn directly from Mike Cohn the following and more:
- Real world practices in Scrum that are proven to make your teams more productive.
- The fundamentals of launching a project with Scrum the right way.
- How to write user stories for the Scrum product backlog.
- Understanding how to lead a self-organizing team.
- Scaling Scrum when you have internationals teams with hundreds of team members.
- Applying solutions to the challenges that both new and experienced Scrum teams face.
- Secrets from Mike’s 20+ years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments.
This two day course—taught by author and popular Scrum and agile trainer Mike Cohn—not only provides the fundamental principles of Scrum, it also gives participants hands-on experience using Scrum, and closes with Certification as a recognized ScrumMaster.
During the ScrumMaster class, attendees will learn why such a seemingly simple process as Scrum can have such profound effects on an organization. Participants gain practical experience working with Scrum tools and activities such as the product backlog, sprint backlog, daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning meeting, and burndown charts. Participants leave knowing how to apply Scrum to all sizes of projects, from a single collocated team to a large, highly distributed team.
Following successful completion of the course, you will be qualified and ready to pass the Scrum Alliance assessment exam. This multiple-choice, online test is required to become a Certified ScrumMaster, which includes a one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where additional ScrumMaster-only material and information are available. For more information on the certification exam, see this page about the CSM exam.
This course earns you 15 PDUs within the PMI. This course also earns you 16 SEUs (Category B) within the Scrum Alliance. PDUs and SEUs can be used toward PMP, PMI-ACP, CSP and other certifications.
Who Should Attend?
You should attend the Certified ScrumMaster training course if you are:
- A manager
- A programmer
- A tester
- An analyst
- A product manager
- Interested in working on or with a Scrum team
To find out which course is best for you based on your current role, check out our handy course finder tool.
What You Get
- Training from Mike Cohn, a recognized industry expert.
- Recognition by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified ScrumMaster after a short certification exam
- A continental breakfast buffet, fruit, a lunch buffet including soda, an afternoon snack, and continuously replenished coffee, tea, water
- A two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a $100 value
- Fully paid exam fees.
- A USB drive containing a PDF of the course materials, relevant articles by Mike Cohn and others, sample chapters from Mike's books, and other information
- A printed and bound copy of the course materials.
- Planning Poker® cards for use in estimating with your team
Thank you so much for such a fun and captivating training! I’ve been in the Scrum Master role for about two years now and this training offered a solid foundation of knowledge to help push the teams forward. The stickers and tattoos were a great bonus!Jillian Patterson
Advent Software, Inc.
I recommend all of Mike’s courses to colleagues unreservedly, and specifically point them to Succeeding With Agile when they’ve been doing scrum for a while and are starting to hit the next wall of organizational impediments that naturally follow early adoption.Peter Green
Agile Transformation Leader
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Mike’s wealth of experience and exuberant style of training leads to courses that always deliver a heavy-weight punch. From his ScrumMaster Certification to User Stories Applied course, there is always useful material to apply to your project. The best part is that no matter how ‘trivial’ a question you may have, Mike always takes the time to listen patiently and provides sound guidance.Ian Wermerling
About Your Instructor – Mike Cohn
Learn scrum and agile processes directly from Mike Cohn, one of the industry’s most well respected Certified Scrum Trainers (CST). Mike Cohn is the author of User Stories Applied for Agile Software Development, Agile Estimating and Planning, and Succeeding with Agile. He is a co-founder and former board member of the Scrum Alliance, and a co-founder of the non-profit Agile Alliance, home of the Agile Manifesto. Mike is also the founder of FrontRowAgile.com, an online agile training website. For more information on Mike, read his full biography here.