This Scrum training course for certification teaches the foundations of Scrum and gives students hands-on experience using Scrum in a variety of situations. Certified ScrumMaster and Certified Scrum Trainer Mike Cohn leads this course.
…and don’t miss our other course this week: Certified Scrum Product Owner
What You’ll Learn
In this Certified ScrumMaster training course, you’ll learn directly from Mike Cohn the following and more:
- Real world practices in Scrum that are proven to make your teams more productive.
- The fundamentals of launching a project with Scrum the right way.
- How to write user stories for the Scrum product backlog.
- Understanding how to lead a self-organizing team.
- Scaling Scrum when you have internationals teams with hundreds of team members.
- Applying solutions to the challenges that both new and experienced Scrum teams face.
- Secrets from Mike’s 20+ years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments.
Our two-day Scrum training shows you how the application of Scrum can have a deep and lasting effect on an organization and its teams’ productivity.
You’ll acquire concrete skills by working with actual Scrum tools and participating in real-world activities to solve challenges using Scrum, such as daily scrum meetings, burndown charts, sprint planning meetings, the product backlog and sprint backlogs.
All students walk away with the knowledge of how to apply Scrum to projects that have a single team or a large distributed team. Through Mike’s hands-on method of teaching, you’ll be prepared to plan your first sprint immediately after this class.
Once the course is complete, you’ll be fully equipped to pass the Certified ScrumMaster exam at the Scrum Alliance. This test is a prerequisite to becoming a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM).
For more information on Scrum certification, see this page about the CSM exam.
Participants taking our course have a 98% pass rate on the Scrum Alliance CSM exam.
Who Should Attend?
You should attend the Certified ScrumMaster training course if you are:
- A manager
- A programmer
- A tester
- An analyst
- A product manager
- Interested in working on or with a Scrum team
To find out which course is best for you based on your current role, check out our handy course finder tool.
What You Get
- Training from Mike Cohn, a recognized industry expert.
- The title of “Certified ScrumMaster” after you pass the exam plus fully paid exam fees
- A two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a $100 value
- All meals and snacks during the training
- Electronic copies of course materials, relevant articles, chapters from Mike's books and more – all in a USB drive
- Printed, color copy of the course materials in a binder
- Planning Poker® cards for use in estimating with your team