#21: Agile Marketing Teams with Stacey Ackerman
October 19, 2022 • 31 minutes
Brian speaks with Stacey Ackerman about working with Marketing teams using Agile.
While the majority of teams using Agile are based in software, one of the fastest growing areas for Scrum teams is in Marketing. There’s a natural fit as Marketers are used to using such practices as A/B testing and getting quick results that feed their next steps.
As you can imagine, there are a unique set of challenges that a marketing team presents that other Scrum teams don’t necessarily have to deal with as well. In this episode, Stacey talks us through the process that marketing teams follow when attempting to apply agile principles to their work.
Listen now to discover:
- 2:28 - what’s different about the way marketing teams approach agile?
- 8:51 - what is the Agile Marketing Navigator and how are teams using it?
- 15:05 - Stacey goes over the different roles
- 17:43 - what are the chief problems marketing teams deal with in adopting this?
Listen next time when we’ll be discussing…
Product Roadmaps with Roman Pichler!
References and resources mentioned in the show
Want to get involved?
This show is designed for you, and we’d love your input.
- Enjoyed what you heard today? It would be great if you left a rating and a review. It really helps, and we read every single one.
- Got an agile subject you’d like us to discuss or a question that needs an answer? Share your thoughts with us as firstname.lastname@example.org
This episode’s presenters are:
Brian Milner is SVP of coaching and training at Mountain Goat Software. He’s passionate about making a difference in people’s day-to-day work, influenced by his own experience of transitioning to Scrum and seeing improvements in work/life balance, honesty, respect, and the quality of work.
Stacey Ackerman is one of the few agile coaches and trainers that got her start in marketing. After graduating from journalism school, she worked as a content writer, strategist, director, and adjunct marketing professor. She became passionate about agile as a better way to work in 2012 when she experimented with it for an ad agency client. Since then she has been a scrum master, agile coach and has helped with numerous agile transformations with teams across the globe. Stacey speaks at several agile conferences, has more certs to her name than she can remember and loves to practice agile at home with her family. As a lifelong Minnesotan, she recently relocated to North Carolina where she’s busy learning how to cook grits and say “y’all."