Accurate Agile Planning: Estimates for Predictable Delivery
Learn to create accurate agile plans, in just one day
Register your interest and be the first to know when this course is available.
If you want to make accurate, reliable, and realistic project plans, this course will give you the training and techniques you need.
You’ll master the concept of story points, understand how 80% of the risk to a project's schedule often lies in 20% of the product backlog items, and learn how to produce and communicate confidently about reliable plans.
This course will help you:
- Understand agile estimation - and how it differs from traditional methods
- Create accurate estimates - even when there are uncertainty and unknowns
- Get buy-in from stakeholders - by communicating the the plan itself
After this course, you can create plans that are flexible, realistic, and based on best practices.
Find out when places are available
The course covers seven essential modules:
- What Is Agile Planning: Master the basics of Agile planning and learn to create plans that drive better decisions.
- Estimating with Story Points: Understand what story points are, how they relate to time, and how to use them effectively in planning.
- Release Planning: Learn to create reliable fixed-date, fixed-scope plans and assess fixed-everything projects for viability.
- Planning for What You Don't Know: Understand how to estimate unknowns and communicate the full scale of the project to stakeholders.
- Buffering Critical Plans: Learn to create plans buffered against risk and uncertainty, ensuring higher probability of on-time delivery.
- Getting Faster and Better at Estimating: Discover tips and techniques to improve estimation speed and accuracy.
- Communicating about Estimates and Plans: Learn to confidently present your plans and handle stakeholder questions about timelines and deliverables.
The course is interactive and practice-oriented, with plenty of examples, exercises, and real-world scenarios to help teams grasp the concepts and apply them effectively in their work.
What You Get
- 6 hour training session live, online via Zoom
- A PDF of the course slides
- A one-year membership in the Agile Mentors Community, including access to the
- Planning Poker® software used during the course
- A PowerPoint and Keynote presentation to introduce story points to your teams
- Recordings of the live sessions and a PDF of all course exercises